15:00 Registration for the conference (Entrance hall)
17:00 Opening lecture (CN hall)
Running title: Nature vs. Nurture factors in shaping up brain specializations in the visual and auditory cortex.
18:30-21:00 Welcome reception (Exhibition hall)
9:00-11:00 The riddle of human brain plasticity – from sensory deprivation to training (chair: Artur Marchewka)
- Paulina Kieliba: Neural correlates of hand augmentation – brain plasticity following intensive usage of a robotic ‘Third Thumb’.
- Avital Hahamy: On the other hand: questioning the origins of sensorimotor plasticity.
- Olivier Collignon: Crossmodal plasticity: Recycling the functional and multisensory architecture of the brain.
- Artur Marchewka: Modality-general and modality-specific plastic changes when learning a second language.
11:00-11:30 Coffee break
11:30-13:30 Sociability and neurodevelopmental disorders (chair: Ewelina Knapska)
- Gaia Novarino: Molecular dissection of human neurodevelopmental disorders.
- Ksenia Meyza: Aberrant synaptic plasticity in mouse models of Autism Spectrum Disorder.
- Steven Kushner: Predictive encoding of social behavior in the anterior cingulate cortex.
- Jan Rodriguez Parkitna: Social reward and prosocial behaviors in mice.
14:30-16:30 Memories hijacked by addiction- from molecules to brain circuits (chair: Kasia Radwańska)
- Yan Dong: Silent synapses dictate cocaine memories.
- Xiaoke Chen: Orchestrating opioid associated memories in thalamic circuits.
- Christian Müller: Paradox antidepressant effects of alcohol and mechanisms of alcohol instrumentalization.
- Kasia Radwańska: Alcohol memories are controlled by Arc/Arg3.1.
16:30-17:00 Coffee break
17:00-18:30 Astrocytes (chair: Piotr Michaluk)
- João Filipe Oliveira: The involvement of astrocytes in cognitive processing.
- Michał Ślęzak: Glia in Action: Astrocytes in Physiological and Pathological Stress.
- Piotr Michaluk: Mechanisms of regulating astrocytic glutamate transporter GLT-1 trafficking.
18:30- Beer & Snack at Resort club cafe (location here)
9:00-10:30 Actin and beyond, I (chair: Tomasz Prószyński & Jakub Włodarczyk)
- Pirta Hotulinen: Activity-dependent and -independent spine initiation and learning.
- Marco Rust: Actin-dependent mechanisms of mammalian brain development and function.
- Elena Marcello: The cyclase-associated protein 2 is a novel regulator of cofilin in synaptic plasticity and Alzheimer’s disease.
10:30-11:00 Coffee break
11:00-12:30 Actin and beyond, II (chair: Tomasz Prószyński & Jakub Włodarczyk)
- Tomasz Prószyński: Angiomotins. A small family (of scaffold proteins) but so influential that you can lose your mind.
- Monika Bijata: Signaling between serotonin receptors and the extracellular matrix as a key to understanding pathogenesis of stress related disorders.
- Bernadeta Szewczyk: Stress and zinc deficiency-sensitive antidepressant-like effects of NMDA receptor antagonists.
14:00-15:30 Reviewing papers with Yan Dong – workshop for students.
15:30-17:30 Spatial Memory (chair: Rafał Czajkowski)
- Menno Witter: Neurons & Networks in the Entorhinal Cortex. A comparison between lateral and medial entorhinal cortex.
- Vincent Bonin: Connectivity rules and information coding in higher-order visual circuits.
- Marlene Bartos: Emergence of memory engrams in the hippocampus.
- Rafał Czajkowski: Cortico-hippocampal interactions during memory formation.
17:30-18:00 Coffee break